Market News Today 2019-02-19
2019-2-19 11:31 | By : Mex Group News
- US President Donald Trump has issued an angry response after a TV interview on Sunday alleged that officials had held discussions to have him removed.
- President Donald Trump is expected to urge Venezuelan military officials to back the country's self-declared interim president Juan Guaido and allow humanitarian aid to flow into Venezuela.
- Seven MPs have resigned from the Labour Party in protest at Jeremy Corbyn's approach to Brexit and anti-Semitism.
- The European Central Bank’s chief economist added to the chorus of policy makers signaling concern on the economic slowdown, saying officials could push back plans to raise interest rates as a first response against a deeper downturn.
- Oil advanced to the highest in almost three months as the world's biggest economies prepare to continue negotiations this week after President Donald Trump was said to consider pushing back the deadline for tariff hikes.
- Italy has started discussions with the European Union over the renewal of a state guarantee scheme designed to help banks shed bad loans, a government source said on Monday.
- Gold prices edged higher on Monday, rising towards their best level since April as the U.S. dollar weakened on hopes the U.S. and China would hammer out an agreement resolving their protracted trade war.