Market News Today 2019-02-20
2019-2-20 11:49 | By : Mex Group News
- The British pound rallied Tuesday, while the dollar gave early gains against its main rivals to head for a third straight losing session.
- A coalition of 16 US states led by California is suing President Donald Trump's administration over his decision to declare an emergency to raise funds for a Mexican border wall.
- The US is rushing to transfer sensitive nuclear power technology to Saudi Arabia, according to a new congressional report.
- The U.S. is asking China to keep the value of the yuan stable as part of trade negotiations between the world’s two largest economies, a move aimed at neutralizing any effort by Beijing to devalue its currency to counter American tariffs, people familiar with the ongoing talks said.
- The Dow closed modestly higher Tuesday after paring losses following gains in Walmart and growing hopes the U.S. and China will reach a trade deal.
- Gold prices moved higher on Tuesday as another member of the Federal Reserve weighed in on slowing down the central bank's tightening of monetary policy.
- Oil prices were mixed on Tuesday as concerns about global crude oil demand and uncertainty over the latest round of U.S.-China trade talks countered investor optimism around tightening supplies.
- US Senator Bernie Sanders says he will run again for president in 2020, making a second attempt to win the Democratic Party's nomination.